Wednesday, December 3, 2008

BLOGGGGGG

I worked very hard on my project. I did some research on Jessica's Law, a law that if passed would ensure that a judge would be required to sentence a convicted pedophile to minimum of 25 years in prison. This law is hardcore, and it eliminates a judge's ability to let a convicted criminal off with a very small sentence. 

2 comments:

PattythePirate said...

Well what do you propose? Do you endorse and think the Law is sufficient and satisfactory? I think it all depends, because going to jail just for being a pedophile is unjust. Someone can't help it if they're naturally attracted to children, so why the 25 year sentence? Or are you proposing 25 years for some kind of pedophiliac offense? Even with that isn't there some grey area and case by case analysis that should be taken into account? I'm not sure it's as simple as your Law. After all, if this was the same kind of mentality you'd be sending necropheliacs and others who are attracted to various things into similar boats. Shouldn't the offense for the practice for such things be taken into account first?

JD said...

The law is a real proposal but is not in effect, and it only applies to criminals who have been convicted of sexually abusing a child. I am advocating for this law's enactment, which therefore already contains the number 25. As for the rather peculiar question of necrophilia, I have to say that the majority of dead guys don't care as much as children do when they get raped, for when a child is raped, he or she must forever bear that deep emotional and physical scar. A dead guy on the other hand, no longer has emotions.