Monday, February 9, 2009

I found several photos that represent visual rhetoric. I found a photo a statue of a man helping a statue of what appears to be a small girl ride a statue of a bicycle. I also found a picture of a mildly large structure in carmel that has a sign atop it that says Carmel Arts and Design District. I also found a picture painted on entire side of a large old-looking building. These pictures have very rhetorical underlying purposes. The picture of the building with the painting on the side of a wall was clearly attempting to portray the artistic nature of the district. With my keen eye for rhetoric, I heroically spotted this and took a picture of the building so that I may wrote about it later in a project that I will have to do. I also took another picture. That picture is the picture previously described above about the carmel structure. This carmel structure wishes to send the message that Arts and Design is important. I spotted this clever ruse and now my blog is done. 

1 comment:

WonderousWonderWeasel42 said...

Sir, your pictures seem very interesting. I was particularly interested when you heroically spotted a building and took a picture of it. In your blog, i was intrigued by your ability to make a mundane tale actually more mundane then it was. The Arts & Design district can be very entertaining if you look at it the right way. Instead you made it seem like a boring superhero movie.